ASSISTANT PORT FACILITY SECURITY OFFICERS
Solomon Islands Ports Authority as an international port, operates under the IMO - the global international agency responsible for the safety and security of maritime ports and shipping industry. The ISPS Code is the comprehensive set of measures to enhance the security of ships and port facilities.
Solomon Islands Ports Authority invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Assistant Port Facility Security Officers (2 positions) for the Port of Honiara.
Purpose of the Position
The Port Facility Security Officer is responsible for the development, implementation, revision and maintenance of the Port facility security plan under the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code to ensure the Port is safe and secure in liaison with the Designated Authority.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Assist the Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO) to conduct security assessment of the port facility
- Assist the Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO) to ensure the development and maintenance of the port security plan
- Implementing and exercising the port facility security plan
- Monitor port security facilities to ensure they are maintained to security standard
- Assist PFSO on trainings for the security officers of the port
- Recommending and incorporating, as appropriate, modifications to the port facility security plan to correct deficiencies and to update the plan to consider relevant changes to the port facility
- Enhancing security awareness and vigilance of the port facility personnel
- Passion to deliver results and excellent service
- Supportive and effective team player
- Honesty and integrity
- Reliable and trusted
- Able to work during odd hours including weekends
- Good behaviour & attitude
Required knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- knowledge on Maritime Port
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with staff and customers
Solomon Islands Ports Authority is an equal opportunity employer and provides industry standard benefits and good working conditions to its employees.
If you have the relevant qualification, experience and attributes, please submit your application by mail or visit our Administration Office along the Commonwealth Street, Dowling Drive, Point Cruz.
Applications can be sent in writing marked “Assistant Port Facility Security Officer” and addressed to:
Chief Human Capital Officer
S I Ports Authority
P O Box 307
Closing date: 9 March 2020 at 4.30 pm