Job Opportunity - Noro Port Manager (Re-advertised)
Solomon Islands Ports Authority trading as Solomon Ports is again inviting applications for the position of Port Manager - Noro.
The position oversees the operations of Noro Port, which is in Western Province, Solomon Islands. It plays a pivotal role in ensuring that all aspects of the business, which includes everything from monitoring of profit and loss, to ensuring that an efficient service is provided for all port clients and stakeholders at Noro Port.
The key role is to provide the overall operational and strategic oversight of Noro Port through effective management of the Port Operations to ensure that it meets the standard of an international port and comply with laws and regulations of both international and local maritime authorities, whilst also ensuring that it provides effective services, and its operations are economically viable.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the strategic business development of the port and its functions.
- Responsible for planning the financial and other resources around a budgetary framework for Noro Port.
- Responsible for liaising with other stake holding bodies regarding issues concerning Noro Port.
- Responsible for linking with local community bodies to maintain a positive working relationship with the surrounding geographical areas.
- Be the leader in implementing projects within communities as part of Solomon Ports Social Responsibility activities.
- Oversee the management and recruitment of staff
- Ensure a health, safety, security, and environmental program that meets international standards and provide safe working environment for all employees.
- Ensuring the Noro port operational activities are in conformity with sound, prudent management practices.
- Report any significant risks or variances to the attention of the CEO as and when required.
- Represents SIPA as the official spokesperson within Noro Port
- Report to the CEO of the performance of staff and overall performance of the Noro Port from time to time.
- Responsible for any other task as directed by the CEO from time to time.
- Degree in Management, Business, Finance or related discipline
- A combination of experience and qualifications may be considered.
- Basic knowledge of Port operations and Port facilities.
- 10 or more years’ experience in performing Senior Management role or holding positions in related field of work.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Good communication skills
- Management Skills
- Team building
- Good Organizational Skills
Solomon Islands Ports Authority trading as Solomon Ports is an equal opportunity employer and provides industry standard benefits and good working conditions to its employees. If you have the relevant skills, and experience, please submit your application with at least two (2) referees and contact address and envelope marked “Port Manager (Noro)” to:
Human Resource Manager
Solomon Islands Ports Authority
P.O. Box 307, Honiara.
Applications Closing date: 3rd December 2021, 4.30 pm.
Applications can be hand delivered to SIPA Head Office, Dowling Drive, Point Cruz, Honiara. Alternatively, you can send via email: email@example.com