Job Opportunity : Security Officer
The position of the Security officer plays a pivotal role in ensuring that environment at Ports including the
premises and facilities is safe, secure, and maintained according to the by-laws, regulations and standards
as required by SIPA management.
The key role is to implement the security operations through regular patrols, security surveillance and
checks to ensure that all facilities, assets, and the daily business operations within the Port are running
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assist to implement SIPA by-laws, and regulations to ensure safety for all port users.
• Performing both regular and random patrols of SIPA premises
• Reporting any Security-related incidents, hazards, or unusual occurrences
• Assess security risks, threats, and vulnerability.
• When necessary, performing control procedures and emergency response
• Documenting nightly operations and filing weekly reports
• Monitoring access control of all port users and visitors
• Perform any other duty as delegated by the Security Supervisor
• Must have a Form 5 or 6 Certificate • Ability to read and write • Understand basic Security roles • Preferably age 20 to 30 years.
Solomon Islands Ports Authority trading as Solomon Ports is an equal opportunity employer and provides
industry standard benefits and good working conditions to its employees.
If you have the relevant skills, and experience, please submit your application with at least two (2) referees
and contact address and envelope marked “Security Officer” to:
Human Resource Manager
Solomon Islands Ports Authority
P.O. Box 307, Honiara.
Applications Closing date: 22nd November 2021, 4.30 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications can be hand delivered to SIPA Head Office, Dowling Drive, Point Cruz, Honiara. Alternatively,
you can send via email: email@example.com