Solomon Islands Ports Authority invites application from suitable individuals with the relevant qualification and experience to fill the position of Electrician. The role of the Electrician is to provide efficient and timely electrical trade services support to the key operations and work programs of SIPA
Roles / Responsibilities
As an Electrician, you will have responsibility for (but not limited) to the following:
- Install, service, repair and maintenance for domestic fixtures and wiring at all SIPA residences and estates.
- Install, service, repair and maintenance for industrial fixtures and wiring at all SIPA offices, sheds and workshops, international and domestic wharves, and container terminal.
- Install, service, repair and maintenance for refrigeration units and fixtures. This includes adequate facilities for reefer containers.
- Install, service, repair and maintenance for air conditioning units and systems.
- Service, repair and maintenance of electrical and electronic controls and systems for cargo handling machines and other plant and equipment. This includes container weigh bridges or weighers.
- Manning the standby generator and carry out pre-start checks each morning and ensure that the genset is fully operational ready to cut-in as soon as grid supply is out. Carry out service, repair and maintenance as necessary. Coordinate with mechanics to carry out the same for the engine.
- Assist the Project Manager Electrical Services or the Electrical Supervisor in dealing with issues related to SIEA.
Qualification and Experience
- A qualified electrician experienced in domestic and industrial wiring and installations, refrigeration and air conditioning, and standby generator operation.
- Some knowledge of auto-electrics and machine electrical systems will be an advantage.
- The minimum requirement is 3 years’ experience and a SIEA Licence would be an advantage.
- Notwithstanding the above, recent successful graduates from SINU and notable RTCs with outstanding grades and having completed adequate industry attachment and who are willing to learn on the job, could be considered and therefore can apply.
Solomon Islands Ports Authority is an equal employment opportunity employer and provides industry standard benefits and good working conditions for its employees.
If you have the relevant qualification and attributes and wish to be part of the Authority, please submit your application by mail or visit our Head/Administration Office along the Commonwealth Street, Dowling Drive, Point Cruz.
Applications can be sent in writing marked “Electrician” and addressed to:
Human Resources Manager
S I Ports Authority
P O Box 307
Closing date: Friday 23rd April 2021 at 4.30 pm