Solomon Islands Ports Authority invites application from suitable individuals with the relevant qualification and experience to fill the position of Plumber. The Plumber is responsible to provide efficient and timely support of plumbing duties to the key operations and work programs of SIPA.
Roles / Responsibilities
As a Plumber, you will have responsibility for (but not limited) to the following:
- Construction, repair and maintenance of water supply, sewer disposal and drainage, and stormwater drainage for company houses and related ancillary dwellings, SIPA offices and ancillary buildings, SIPA sheds and workshops.
- Construction, repair and maintenance of water supply, sewer disposal and drainage, and stormwater drainage within the port boundary both domestic and international including sea container hygiene system.
- Routine checks and inspections of the above services to monitor leaks, damages and other items for repair and/or improvement.
- Routine checks and inspections of fire hydrants to monitor leaks, damages and other items for repair and/or improvement.
- Routine checks and inspections of water bowsers or dispensers for refilling of ships at the international wharf and domestic jetties to monitor leaks and damages for repair and/or improvements.
- Installation, repair and maintenance of stoves, hot-water systems and other fixtures.
Qualification and Experience
- A qualified plumber experienced in all domestic and industrial plumbing duties including sewer waste drainage and disposal, water supply systems, and general waste and stormwater drainage.
- The minimum requirement is 3 years’ experience although recent successful graduates from SINU and notable RTCs with outstanding grades and having completed adequate industry attachment and who are willing to learn on the job, could be considered and therefore can apply.
Solomon Islands Ports Authority is an equal employment opportunity employer and provides industry standard benefits and good working conditions for its employees.
If you have the relevant qualification and attributes and wish to be part of the Authority, please submit your application by mail or visit our Head/Administration Office along the Commonwealth Street, Dowling Drive, Point Cruz.
Applications can be sent in writing marked “Plumber” and addressed to:
Human Resources Manager
S I Ports Authority
P O Box 307
Closing date: Friday 23rd April 2021 at 4.30 pm