VACANCY: REVENUE COLLECTION OFFICER
Solomon Islands Ports Authority invites application from suitable individual with the right attribute or character to fill four (4) positions as Revenue Collection Officer with a strong focus on performance oriented, honesty, commitment, and team- work. The position reports to Supervisor Domestic Revenue.
Roles / Responsibilities
As a Revenue Collection Officer, you will have responsibility for (but noted limited) to the following:
- Collect fees from vehicle owners at domestic wharf entrance gates and issue customer receipts
- Collect landing and storage fees from boat owners at Mbokona bay and issue customer receipts
- Perform proper tally/marking and ticketing of docket receipt books
- Report complete receipt docket books with cash collection to officer in charge
- Perform daily tally records on any cargo items for domestic wharf storage charges
- Check local jetties to see that any blacklisted vessels at berth are locked out
Minimum secondary education of Form 6 and above with good work ethics and behaviour and discipline.
Other required skills and Attributes
- Honesty and integrity
- Good communication skills
- Trustworthiness and reliability
- Passion to deliver results and provide quality service
Solomon Islands Ports Authority is an equal opportunity employer and provides industry standard benefits and good working conditions for its employees.
If you have the relevant qualification and attributes and wish to be part of the Authority, please submit your application by mail or visit our Head/Administration Office along the Commonwealth Street, Dowling Drive, Point Cruz.
Applications can be sent in writing marked “Revenue Collection Officers” and addressed to:
Chief Human Capital Officer
S I Ports Authority
P O Box 307
Closing date: Friday 3rd July 2020 at 4.30 pm