VACANCY: SENIOR PROPERTY OFFICER
Solomon Islands Ports Authority is seeking for a suitably qualified and experienced person
with right attributes and leadership qualities for the position of Senior Property Officer.
The Senior Property Officer is responsible to ensure effective and efficient asset management,
lease management, inventory control, building maintenance.
Yearly management, management of SIPA land and improvements, registration/renewal of
land lease MLHS, coordinate land disputes and management of tenants and tenant’s debt
Primary Purpose Role
Managed the Solomon Ports commercial and the accommodation portfolio to ensure that the
portfolio contains infrastructure that is commercially viable and managed and continues to fit
for purpose and serves the needs of its customers, the public, and its employees.
• Manage and coordinate specific projects to facilitate the timely management of the
property portfolio to meet deadlines including the preparation of project briefs and
scopes of work, engagement to ensure that projects are completed within the project
parameters (timelines, cost, quality).
• Analyse property market intelligence and coordinate team recommendation for possible
disposal, development, acquisition, leasing, and licencing of property to gain maximum
• Negotiate property transactions to facilitate capital works and maintenance projects in
a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Undertake land management practices that meets public sector land management
policies and procedures.
• Ensure transparency and integrity of property portfolio data to enable accurate reporting
on status and financial requirements for management.
• Provide timely, accurate advice in response to requests for information and assistance
on matters relating to the property portfolio.
• Liaise with local council, government agencies, other departments and relevant
stakeholders concerning property matters.
• Maintain a database /management of all company fixed assets
• Monitor and review all fixed asset acquisitions
• Coordinate disposal of assets / redundant capital assets ensuring proper documentation
is on file and disposed of appropriately
• Carry out annual company residential house inspection, identify building defects,
supervise maintenance and improvement works and inventory of assets
• Manage lease agreements ensuring that landlords meet their responsibilities as defined
under the lease agreements
• Manage routine maintenance and upkeep of company building and assets
• Tracking of fixed assets for risk of losing and control of asset payment on effective life
• Reconciling of fixed asset on year basis for audit purposes.
• Follow up of registration of land at the ministry of lands, Housing and survey and
renewal of lease FTE when expire.
• Providing property valuation services and opinions to the company on land,
improvements shed and land leases.
• Coordinate land disputes with other parties and provide information to Legal counsel
and external attorneys on property legal cases.
• Effective management of company shed tenant at the port of Noro and Honiara.
• Follow up on repairs as requested by tenants on all sheds.
• Ensuring rental debts are paid in full on quarterly basis for all tenants, liaising with
the security and debtor’s department for appropriate action.
• To ensure all fixed assets are properly managed and due care is done on all company
• Effective management, protection, and improvement of SIPA facilities,
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Land Management and, or related discipline
• Have knowledge on fixed asset management and asset accounts related procedures.
• Ability to read land registry documents and discern procedures to accomplish certain
• Ability to assess and assist on repair and maintenances of residential buildings.
• Ability to discern physical planning schemes.
• Have the experience to assist in property management, some ideas in feasibility
studies and general property valuations expertise.
• Having minimum work experience of 5- 10 years
• Be able to work on odd hours.
Behavioural Skills and Attributes
• Demonstrate a high level of personal motivation.
• Show motivation to achieving challenging goals.
• Plan and prioritise.
• Demonstrate Accountability
• Think and solve problems.
• Good communication skills
• Trustworthiness and reliability
• Team player and can meet strict deadlines.
• Passion to deliver results and provide excellent service.
• confidence and self-motivation.
Solomon Islands Ports Authority is an equal opportunity employer and provides industry
standard benefits and good working conditions to its employees. If you have the relevant skills,
qualification, and experience, please submit your resume with reliable and contact address with
your application letter marked “Senior Property Officer” to:
Chief Human Capital Officer
S I Ports Authority
P.O. Box 307, Honiara
Closing date: 25th January 2021, at 4.30 pm.