VACANCY: STEVEDORES & RIGGERS
Solomon Ports, a leading SOE is seeking applications from suitable individuals with the right attributes for the positions of 6 Stevedores and 6 Riggers. The positions exist in the Operation Division and relates to ship operations at Honiara International Sea Port. It has a strong focus on physical performance oriented, commitment, team- work and passion to learn and deliver.
- Load and unload cargoes
- Unlashing of containers and general cargoes
- Unloading of unbreak bulk
- Set up and repair rigging gears for ship operations
- Test rigging gears to ensure safety and reliability
- Selecting gears according to load weights and sizes, facilities, and work schedules
- Repair rigging gears
- Any other duties assigned
Minimum secondary education of Form 3 with good work ethics, behaviour, and discipline.
Other required skills and Attributes
- Honesty and integrity
- Good health and physically strong
- Available to work during odd hours
- Trustworthiness and reliability
- Passion to deliver results and provide quality service
Solomon Ports is an equal opportunity employer and provides industry standard benefits and good working conditions for its employees.
If you have the relevant attributes and wish to join the Authority, please submit your application by mail or visit our Head/Administration Office along the Commonwealth Street, Dowling Drive, Point Cruz.
Applications can be sent in writing marked “Stevedores or Riggers” and addressed to:
Chief Human Capital Officer
S I Ports Authority
P O Box 307
Closing date: Friday 11th September 2020